Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Ellie's Lullaby

Ellie's Lullaby

The night has come to comfort you
So sleep, my darling sleep

The troubles of today are through
Your doubts will fall away,
Re'lize what's in store for you
Night will take the cares of day.
All I ask from you is this,
Just sleep, my darling sleep.

No sorrow will you know my dear
While the night gets older,
If you need me I am here
Just rest upon my shoulder.
All I ask from you's to rest,
Please sleep, my darling, sleep.

Take comfort in my loving arms
As I pull you closer,
I'll not let you come to harm
I will be your soldier.
I'll protect you while you dream,
As you sleep, my darling, sleep.

Your eyes are getting heavier,
Your breathing soft and slow
Put your trust in me my dear
Lay your sweet head low
Daddy's here to comfort you
Almost Sleeping, darling sleep

Dream of happy, lovely things
of love and hope and all
The warmth of sunshine in the Spring
The sound of song bird's calls
Of a flowing, gentle stream
You're sleeping, Ellie sweet